I FEAR NO MORE ( A Short Story)

 

 

 




I hear a door slam, and I rush into the closet “this is it, the monster is home”. I struggle to pin myself to the wall, make myself invisible but no! Even the walls couldn’t hide me. My Father barks “Nina, where are you” I refuse to speak, “Where are you” he slurs. This was the routine since I was seven, after my Mom died when I was six, my Dad was torn, devastated, he resorted to drinking and came back home to torment me and sometimes rape me. I hated him; sometimes I prayed that he will die on his way to the bar. But he lived! year after year till I was fourteen. This continued and I couldn’t tell anyone, he sternly warned me every time he had his way with me to keep shut or he would strangle me”. I hopelessly looked on with tears in my eyes, too fearful to speak.

One day, a lady visited us, but my Dad wasn’t home. So she said she will wait, till he comes back. We began to discuss and I began to notice an unusual radiance emanating from her. All she said to me were like drops of water leaking into a dry parched soil. I began to see hope where there was misery, light began to creep into the dark place that I was caged in, my heart was longing for more but a voice stilled my hope “you can’t be free”. I began to cry, she asked me why I was crying, I couldn’t hold it in, I unleashed all my pent up emotions, pains, sorrows and dark secrets to her. She prayed with me and led me to Christ.

This marked a new phase in my life, I felt deep peace and longing for this God I had come to know. The torment continued, but this time I was under a new management, I began to pray and sometimes sing to God when I was alone and the power of God will come down.

One day my Dad came back from his drinking spree, I was singing as usual and worshipping God. He called my name, when I saw him, fear crept back into my heart but I resisted it, and I felt an unusual boldness. I told him “Dad, you can’t intimidate me again, I have been redeemed, I have been washed by the blood of the lamb, God has brought meaning to my life so, I FEAR NO MORE”. My Dad was taken aback; he looked at me and slurred “Are you talking to me? He rushed towards me to hit me but stopped short and started shouting and screaming, he started begging me “Nina, forgive me, Am sorry please!” I was more than confused I didn’t know what to do until he calmed down.

He later told me a man appeared and began to be beat him, he knelt and apologized for all the pain he caused me, and I forgave him.

 YOU MAY BE OUT THERE WITH AN ISSUE LIKE MINE OR MORE SERIOUS THAN MINE, JESUS IS THE HOPE TO EVERY SITUATION, HE MENDS BROKEN HEARTS, BINDS THE WOUNDS OF THE WOUNDED, HE REPAIRS THE BROKEN AND MAKES THEM WHOLE. TODAY, I AM ALIVE, HAPPILY SERVING THE LORD WITH A LOVING HUSBAND AND FOUR CHILDREN. I AM HAPPY TODAY BECAUSE I FACED MY FEAR AND FEAR CEASED TO HAVE POWER OVER ME, I AM FREE AT LAST.

Comments

  1. Please if you were blessed comment on this post 🙏

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The first few lines glued me to this piece... I enjoyed it, although you can do better in ending the story with as much suspense as you started it.

      Delete
    2. Yeah, will keep that in mind. Thanks for reading 😇

      Delete
  2. There's a lot to draw from this story, one of which is the ability to speak up in the face of adversity.. it's a nice piece. Patiently waiting for your next post🙌

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

DON'T GO DOWN THAT LANE!!!

FIND YOUR JEWEL: HOW TO DISCOVER YOUR TALENT